Friday 22 November 2013

Weekend market special: fig, mozzarella and basil salad


I'm not sure what kind of markets do people go to on weekends, but when it is a Saturday - I'm at my local market in Leeds city centre. If you have ever been, you're familiar with the constant shouting of what seems to be "...all these [something] for a £1!!..." As this comes from proper Yorkshiremen I can never really understand what they're selling... until I see the sign "2 boxes of figs £1". I had never tried figs before...

So I found this recipe in a magazine and wanted to share with you all. Personally I would swap mozzarella for feta as it was lacking that savoury touch to the figs. Otherwise it is very refreshing and easy to make.


Ingredients:

1 lemon, juiced
5 tbsp oil
2 tbsp mint leaves
3 tbsp basil leaves
70g rocket salad
9 figs, halved/quartered
300g mozzarella, torn
squeeze of balsamic glaze


Directions:

1) Mix lemon juice and oil, add salt and pepper to make the dressing;
2) Toss everything together with the dressing and squeeze a bit of balsamic glaze on top.
Couldn't be more complicated!

This could serve up to 6 as a starter. Sharing is caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment