Tuesday 7 January 2014

Our brains think it is the ceiling, but to our minds it is just the floor.



As guys generally get ready quicker than girls, there I was: just checking my facebook, chilling, sitting in the swimming pool lounge and looking at others waiting for their other halves to get ready too. After a pretty good year in 2013 I decided to set another objective for myself (as most call them resolutions, challenges) - to be more open, open to new experiences, people, knowledge and life in general.

I started making a list of things I WANT to do this year. Not what I intend to do, not what I will do, but what I would do, what would bring more joy into my life. After I wrote the second line I found myself listing the things I am planning to do this year. The things that I have thought about many times, planned them, researched them, put logical thinking into finding ways of achieving them. What was the point of my task?

MAKE A LIST OF WHAT YOU WANT TO DO THIS YEAR.
Do not make a list of what you have planned for this year.

I was so pi**ed off with myself for doing that, the reason being is that I have read many books and articles of how to NOT limit yourself and be open to endless possibilities that the life can bring. Just as an example to make this clearer:

I was planning this year's New Year's Eve abroad, somewhere at a roof-top party with views of late night scenery and fireworks as big and bright as never before. Then we researched the costs of travel, accommodation - all the 'human' things and decided to go for an option more affordable.

So guess what I did? I wrote down that I WANT TO GO FOR THE CHEAPER OPTION, even though there's still the whole year ahead of me!

I WAS LIMITING MYSELF OF THE DESIRED OPTION EVEN BEFORE I WROTE IT ON A PIECE OF PAPER!

So there you go guys, I have changed my desired wish list for a thing I really want, and not something that is easily achievable. I wish you do the same and find yourself actually experiencing all the #1's on your list.


Just a little excerpt from a speech of a very bright and anonymous spiritual man:

Our sense or the so-called higher mind knows what is best for us. It offers various experiences in life asking 'do you like that?' -no; 'what about that?' -no; what about this then?'-no. It never gives up trying to find the best way for you to achieve whatever you really want. 

We feedback to our higher mind our experiences to give it an idea of the next approach to get our attention. When our physical mind refuses (because of fear, beliefs and taboos) to look at something, the higher mind gets very creative to get our attention one way or another. Even if it takes a big big change. You don't have to have an accident if you are willing to listen sooner (that is, listen to yourself!). 

If you're only using your physical mind, you're not functioning as a whole person. Allow your higher mind be part of the conversation. The physical mind is in the valley and the higher mind is at the top of the mountain, hence it doesn't make sense to listen to it when it says 'go right', when you want to go left and you think ‘what does HE know about life in the valley and why should I listen to it?‘

Because it's you! You have to listen to yourself and act accordingly, because otherwise accidents or unfulfilled dreams happen. 

What may seem to the physical mind to be the ceiling, to the higher mind it may be just the floor. You are not capable to imagine all the ways the higher mind can bring you what it is you desire, so be open. The image does not have to be the same as you picture it in your head.
 

And as the pictures suggest - odd things can happen, so be open, grow as a person and share joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment